Tuesday, May 20, 2014

King avriel - Judgment Day / Valley Idols



Emerging Los Angeles-based newcomer Avriel Epps, otherwise known as King avriel (purposefully spelled with a capital 'K' & lowercase 'a') has just shared her new song(s), "Judgment Day / Valley Idols", the follow-up to her critically acclaimed single "Caricatures" and the latest offering taken from her much-anticipated upcoming debut full-length project, thesis scheduled for release later this spring.

According to King avriel, "The idea for the song came to me during a prisoner's dilemma simulation in one of my classes. It reminded me of how, when I was younger, I tended to look out for others at my own expense in those kinds of situations. On surface level, it's about me taking the blame for an imaginary crime I committed with a partner. However, it is ultimately a metaphor for a more personal lived experience, how I covered up my uncertainty with a false sense of righteousness when making a tough decision, and the faith I drew on to help me find solace."

https://www.facebook.com/kingavriel

No comments:

Post a Comment