Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halsey - Ghost

20-year-old New Jersey native and rising alt-pop superstar Ashley Frangipane, aka Halsey has just unveiled the music video for her critically acclaimed debut single "Ghost", which since its release earlier this year has garnered nearly 500,000 plays on SoundCloud alone. The video was directed by Alex de Bonrepos and acts as the the second video (following "Hurricane") in a series of four videos that accompany songs lifted from her recently released 5-song EP Room 93. The EP also includes three additional and equally impressive new tracks, "Is There Somewhere", "Empty Gold" and a stripped version of her song "Trouble".

Discussing her new video for "Ghost" with Idolator, Halsey explains:
"The previous video for 'Hurricane' showed a couple going through innocent changes, and with 'Ghost' I wanted to show that tumultuous animal. It is the most in-depth one out of all four videos. It moves quickly and it leaves you feeling kind of whiplashed when it’s over. The concept of the song itself is about being in a relationship with someone who isn't emotionally available, you feel their physical presence but the emotional one isn't there. 'Ghost' has a bit of hopelessness to it. That's what I wanted to depict in the video itself a relationship that is exhausting but kind of liberating in a way. Everything in it is metaphorical as well, since we create our own world in hotel rooms. There's no permanent death, there’s no permanent relationship or love. The final video that's coming out will affirm all of that." She continues by saying; "This is the first content that people are getting from me, and I really wanted to show my story. That's why I acted in this video as well, because no one can execute a character that's based on yourself better than you. It was important for me to be done the right way. I wanted to further indulge the [song's] storylines. I also pride myself on being an artist whose music is cinematic, so I wanted to show off the music’s ability to do that by giving them short dramatic films. I think it was the best way for people to see that I'm authentic."
Watch the music videos for both "Ghost" "Hurricane" below.




Room 93 is available now on iTunes.

http://iamhalsey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment