Monday, May 30, 2016

Actor - Power

After releasing their previous single "Girls Do" back in early April, Leeds-based alt-pop trio Actor, fronted by powerhouse vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Louisa Osborn, alongside collaborating producer Chris Mulligan and drummer Ste Anderson return with their blistering new synth-pop gem called "Power", which was produced by Rich Turvey (Blossoms, VITAMin) and mixed by Richard Formby (Zola Blood, Wild Beasts).

Speaking about the track, Osborn says:

"I've spoken to and seen in so many people about how they wished they were more like this 'beautiful' person, or how this person is so 'confident', or I wish I could be more like that. As well as that, it makes me feel odd when people say 'oh my god she's so skinny I wish I was her' or 'omg I bet she has an amazing wardrobe of clothes, I would feel so much better if I had all that to make me look good', because it's almost like you're asking for a different skin. I wrote ‘Power’ about wishing there was some mental way you could point your finger at someone you admire and live through them either by stealing their alluring charms, confidence and luck all for yourself. Or even live under their skin for a day until you realise that's not what you wanted at all."

Listen to "Power" below.



"Power" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via The Line of Best Fit.

https://www.facebook.com/whoisactor

No comments:

Post a Comment