Thursday, September 8, 2016

EXES - Dear, Home

Los Angeles-based indie pop duo EXES, comprised of vocalist Allie McDonald and producer Mike Derenzo have just unveiled their new single and perhaps their most compelling track to date called "Dear, Home", which is taken from the recently announced six-track debut EP, The Art Of Saying Goodbye, due for release on October 7th. The EP will also include their previously released singles, "Like You", "twentythousand" and "18".

Speaking on the track, frontwoman Allie McDonald says:

"'Dear, Home' is a song for the homesick. It's a song dedicated to the pieces of my heart I left back East. The parts of me still beating in that small town where I grew up. As a nostalgic-romantic, it is one of the most personal songs I've written."

Meanwhile, Mike Derenzo adds:

"'Dear, Home' started as a voice memo I got from Allie in the middle of the night. I knew as soon as I heard it that this song was going to be special. Over the next 2 months I travelled to New York and San Francisco [my home] all the while working on the song. Each place I visited seemed to add new life and perspective into the track. Eventually we returned to Allie's home in the Pacific Palisades to add the finishing touches with her award-winning violinist uncle. The song has always reminded me that no matter how far you travel or radical your life gets there are always constants in our lives to remind us of who we really are and who we truly love/care about."

Listen to "Dear, Home" below.



The Art Of Saying Goodbye Track List:
1. Start
2. Like You
3. Dear, Home
4. Sherman Oaks
5. 18
6. twentythousand

Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/weareexesmusic

1 comment: