Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Indiah - I Got You

Introducing 20-year-old newcomer Indiah, an artist who represents a diverse mix of cultures and ethnicities, being part African American, Native American, British and Czechoslovakian. Born in New Mexico, Indiah moved to the UK at the age of 4 where she has been surrounded by music for as long as she can remember. Both of her parents being singers, Indiah grew up in a household where the music being played ranged from Motown and soul to opera, with plenty of rock thrown in for good measure - no one genre carrying precedence over the other. She carries this philosophy of eclecticism through modern music too, being inspired by left-of-centre R&B and pop. Evident on her debut single, "I Got You", Indiah uses her gorgeous vocals to sing about reassurance and staying positive over smooth, floating instrumentation and trap inspired high hats. Musically, "I Got You" is a statement of intent, proving that Indiah is a pop star very much in her own lane.

Speaking on the track, Indiah says:

"When I wrote this, I was thinking about the people that I love, and if they ever lack self confidence or security ‘I Got You’ is all about saying I’ve got your back, I’ll always be here - there’s no need to worry."

Listen to "I Got You" below.



Premiere via Wonderland Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/INDIAHmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment