Monday, October 31, 2016

ZAE - Letting Go

London-based electronic pop artist ZAE has just unveiled her emotive and Banks-inspired second offering entitled "Letting Go", which once again sees her collaborating with producer Barney Lister, who also produced her debut single, "Like Honey" released earlier this year.

Speaking on the track, ZAE tells The Line of Best:

"I was listening to Banks constantly, all the time, and that song came from listening to her. It's actually the first song I ever wrote. At the time it didn't really have any relation to me, personally. I wrote this sad love song, but I hadn't actually had any bad experiences in my relationship at the time! I went through a bit of a rough patch with my girlfriend last year, and I came back to the song and rewrote it. I rewrote the lyrics, and reworked the structure and the melody to fit the situation. It's actually still my favourite song that I've ever written! Writing that song solidified the kind of music that I wanted to make."

Listen to "Letting Go" below.



"Letting Go" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Earmilk.

https://www.facebook.com/zaemusicxo

No comments:

Post a Comment