Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Alice Ivy (feat. Ecca Vandal) - In My Mind

Following her previous single, "Close To You", that was released this past February and featured Flint Eastwood, Melbourne-based artist, producer and multi-instrumentalist Annika Schmarsel, aka Alice Ivy returns today with her irresistibly sunny and upbeat new single called "In My Mind", which this time sees her collaborating with South African-born singer/songwriter Ecca Vandal. Showcasing Alice Ivy's signature atmospheric, other-worldly production style, combined with the chameleon-like vocals Ecca Vandal brings to everything she touches, "In My Mind" captures both artists at their electrifying best, elevating their games to a whole new realm and producing a track that is mesmerizing from start to finish.

To commemorate the new release, Alice Ivy has also dropped the single's accompanying music video which features both her and Ecca dancing around a gigantic, magical cactus garden. The video was directed by Claudia Sangiorgi Dalimore, who recently co-directed the documentary Her Sound Her Story which focuses on the female experience within the Australian music industry.

Speaking on the track, Alice explains:

"When I began writing 'In My Mind,' I was picturing myself as a 10-year-old child riding my bike through the park in summer holding an ice cream in one hand. I wanted to create that exact same exciting feeling of the endless summer holidays and with nowhere important to be. The only way to relive that feeling for me at the moment is through songwriting. I was super stoked that Ecca Vandal really loved the song and wanted to play a part on it, her vocals and the instrumentation are a perfect match."

Listen and watch the video for "In My Mind" below.




"In My Mind" is out now on Last Gang Records. Get it here.

Premiere via Gorilla Vs. Bear.

Follow Alice Ivy on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment