Thursday, July 28, 2016

Anna Straker - How We Are

Following on from the release of her debut single, "Late Night Swimming" earlier this year, 19-year-old London-based singer/songwriter and producer Anna Straker, who has previously sung backup vocals on chart topping singles and albums for artist such as Rudimental, John Newman and Years and Years, returns today to present us with her second solo offering called "How We Are", which was written, recorded and produced entirely by Anna herself.

Speaking on the track, Anna says:

"I wrote this song about belonging to a system which encourages young people to conform to the rules and not have 'pie in the sky careers' (something my 6th form tutor accused me of when I left school to do music). I want to inspire my generation! I came up with that rotating chord progression when I first played a Jupiter 8 synth. When that offbeat dancehall vibe drops in the chorus it feels so good."

Listen to "How We Are" below.



Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/strakeranna

No comments:

Post a Comment