Thursday, February 21, 2019

Rén with the Mane - Burnin

Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Renée Orshan, aka Rén with the Mane has been a favorite of ours ever since she released her debut single, "Time", way back in 2014. Today, she returns with her new single called "Burnin". Produced in collaboration with Brandon Bost, who recently earned a Grammy nomination for Record of The Year for his work on Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's song "Shallow", "Burnin" is hands down, Rén with the Mane's most impressive offering to date and that's saying a lot considering last year she treated fans to two unforgettable and impeccable indie pop gems with "Already Gone" and "Changes". Chock-full of emotions and sonic ear candy, "Burnin" is wave of lustful lyrics and melodies.

On working with Brandon Bost, Rén with the Mane says:

"I met my producer Brandon Bost very innocently. He had just moved in with one of my best friends from college. After an evening of drinks, she jokingly said 'want to check out this track I did with my new roommate?!' I said yes, and was completely caught off guard. This song was no joke - a certified banger. After a nights rest, I still couldn't stop thinking about the track and it's meticulous production, so I called my friend and asked her if she would set Brandon and I up on a session. Plot twist, on our third session, Brandon had to end writing early and said 'excuse me, I got a last minute emergency session with Lily Allen'- I metaphorically died. It wasn't until then I realized he worked directly under the mixing legend Tom Elmhirst at Electric Lady Studios. I knew Brandon was a gem, but I didn't realize he was editing Gaga by day and producing me in his Brooklyn apartment by night."

As for the track, she goes on to explain:

"I've been listening to a lot of Maggie Rodgers and Big Thief lately. Their organic sounds and unique vocal inflections are so addicting to listen to. Brandon started 'Burnin' off with a beat hitting the top of his acoustic guitar and that set the organic tone for the rest of the tune. I'd say its my favorite track we’ve done together thus far."

Listen to "Burnin" below.




"Burnin" is available now on iTunes.

Follow Rén with the Mane on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment