Wednesday, May 29, 2019

KAYTA - DRESS LATER

Montreal-based singer/songwriter KAYTA is back today with her soulful new single called "Dress Later". "Dress Later" is a conversation highlighting KAYTA’s struggle with anxiety and how she grows from it. With lyrics focusing on reassurance and growth, her mesmerizing vocals flutter over a mellow and entrancing beat to remind herself "all I gotta do is focus on the bright side, don’t let trouble come around and leave it behind."

As a child of immigrants from Chile and Slovakia, KAYTA was exposed to eclectic music at a young age and began drawing on the guidance of her intuition to make songs. She took her formal music education and married it to an exploration of sound to find that mood that you didn’t know you needed. She deployed all her major influences from her Slavic roots to jazz, hip-hop, R&B, and Hispanic music. This led to the release of her debut single "KARMA" and now her follow up track, "DRESS LATER".

Speaking on the track, KAYTA says:

"I'm actually talking to my anxiety, to the worries I make up in my head. But at the same time, it's also comforting myself by repeating that no matter what is happening, it's happening for me, not against me. By the end of the song, I'm reassuring people around me who also deal with anxiety sometimes, like we all do. Since I've grown from stressful situations, I'm now able to use my learnings to reassure others but also myself."

Listen to "DRESS LATER" below.




"DRESS LATER" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Follow KAYTA on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment