Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Only Girl - Remains

Following the release of her 2014 debut single, "Feel It", South East London-based singer/songwriter Ellen Murphy, aka Only Girl makes a welcome return today with her second single, "Remains" which was produced by JM∆C with additional production provided by Sebastian Fox.

Speaking on the track, Only Girl tells The Fader, who premiered the single earlier today:

"I wrote 'Remains' at a time when I felt like I was losing myself. After spending almost two years so focused on my boyfriend Jamie's recovery from a traumatic brain injury, nothing else seemed important apart from him getting better. I left my old life behind, but as he continued to improve, I was starting to unravel. Writing music was like my therapy to get my emotions out and in turn, each song became a narrative of our journey together, through his recovery. In this song I was telling myself to just stop for a moment and remember the girl I was before; and that despite everything that had changed in my life and in him, I could still find a way to be my old self and learn to love him again."

Listen to "Remains" below.



"Remains" will be released on July 17th via Akira Records with her debut EP to follow shortly thereafter. Pre-order on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/onlygirlmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment