Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Laurel - Blue Blood

20-year old Southampton-born, London-based singer/songwriter Laurel Arnell-Cullen, aka Laurel has just unveiled her new stunning single entitled "Blue Blood", which was recorded at Angel Studios with award winning producer, arranger and songwriter Rupert Christie and mixed by Dani Castelar. Another magical, alternative pop stunner, "Blue Blood" is a re-recording of the first ever track Laurel put out, and perfectly embodies everything she's about. Simple, yet devastatingly powerful vocal melodies, shimmer above string-infused orchestral instrumentation, with a huge backdrop of thumping drums.

Speaking about the track Laurel says:

"I wrote ‘Blue Blood’ a couple of years ago in my tiny home studio in West London, what started as a rough demo uploaded on Soundcloud has formed into a song which I feel has shaped most of the music I am writing and producing today, as it was the first of its kind from my album. I was lucky enough to record a 24 piece string section at Angel Studios for this song with the amazing Rupert Christie, and have had the awesome Dani Castelar mix my final productions. I am so excited for this to finally be coming out in its final incarnation."

Listen to "Blue Blood" below.



"Blue Blood" is out now via Turn First Records and available on iTunes.

Premiere via Noisey.

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicLaurel

No comments:

Post a Comment