Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TOTEM - Unrequited

Having recently relocated from Los Angeles to New York City, up-and-coming singer/songwriter and producer TOTEM returns today with his new single, "Unrequited", which serves as the second track following "All Falls Down" to be taken from his forthcoming sophomore EP Echoes scheduled for release on October 9th.

Speaking on the track, TOTEM says:

"The greatest and the worst thing about falling in love in a big city is that there are options everywhere. So any time we do find someone, there's always a temptation to go off in search of something that might be 'better.' Of course, most times, it's not better. You end up feeling selfish, or worse yet, like you made a terrible mistake. The allure of the chase is powerful... but often destructive.

I decided to write the song "Unrequited" about two things. First, I wanted to put myself in the shoes of girls in situations where I fucked up. Ultimately, they were better off and I was left wanting them back. Second, I wanted to write a sort of fantasy account from my own perspective about women that haven't treated me the greatest. There's a darkly invigorating power in refusing to take someone back that's at the center of it all. Like real life, I kept the song open ended too. You never quite know whether the end result is personal catharsis or just a game itself.
"

Listen to both "Unrequited" and "All Falls Down" below.




https://www.facebook.com/iamTOTEM

No comments:

Post a Comment