Friday, October 23, 2015

Jillea - Shattered

Introducing 21-year-old Toronto-based R&B/pop artist Jillea, who has just recently unveiled her heart-wrenching first single along with accompanying music video for "Shattered".

After having taken home first place in Slaight Music's 2013 It's Your Shot songwriting and artist development competition (which she won with "Shattered"), Jillea is now preparing for the release of her upcoming debut EP, which she co-wrote with Adam Alexander (Shawn Desman, Mia Martina) and New Royale's Liz Rodrigues (Eminem, Dr Dre, Pink) and recorded with Alexander and co-producer Andrew "Marty" Martino of Down With Webster.

"I like to show every side of me in my music," Jillea explains. "So there’s a confident side, a cockiness, just as there is to everybody and that comes through in ‘Goddess,’ but some of my songs are more emotional and vulnerable. When someone listens to my album, I want to hit every feeling that they might have."

"I don’t like being predictable. I love the unexpected. I love when people look at someone and are like, 'Why are they that way?' That's when my job is done. That's exactly what I want people to be like – 'Who is Jillea?" That is the point of what I do."

Watch the video for "Shattered", directed by Emma Higgins, below.




"Shattered" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Bustle.

https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsJillea

No comments:

Post a Comment