Friday, January 29, 2016

Conway - Sudden Dawn

Having already released two critically acclaimed EPs, Big Talk (2013) and Shut Up (2014) on Columbia Records, St. Louis-born, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Kessia Conway, aka Conway makes her welcome return today with her new single called "Sudden Dawn", which is taken from her brand new 4-song self-titled EP, released today. With the most infectious "HEY!" hook since the 4 Non Blondes, "Sudden Dawn" is a precise number that has the booming rhythm and tight production to make any indie nightclub snap heads, but features an inspiration of much more substance that your regular, vapid pop song.

Speaking on the track, Conways says:

"'Sudden Dawn' is about people believing in and being comfortable with who they are, being open and connecting because of it. It was inspired by a Native American girl who wrote to me from a reservation. She said she wanted me to know that she supported my music and was 'sending light from her crazy circle to me.' I thought that image was magical and I wanted to send some light too.

As for the EP, she goes on to explain:

This EP is my first independent release since being off of Columbia. It has 'Sudden Dawn,' a new version of 'Big Talk' and my other two favorite power songs, 'Attack' and 'Hustler.' Part of the EP is a bit of a re-release because the songs didn't get the exposure they deserved. (Thanks to those who have already listened and have shown me love.) Now I can put my music out when I want, how I want. Blessing. I have finished a complete album and have been collaborating with some amazing people as well. All of that is coming soon. But this is me saying hello again... but in a new way... and directly from the heart. 'Sudden Dawn' sending from my circle of light... coming now, I'm closer to you."

Listen to "Sudden Death" below.




Purchase a copy of Conway's self-titled EP on iTunes)

Premiere via Noisey.

https://www.facebook.com/conwaymusic

No comments:

Post a Comment