Monday, February 22, 2016

Amrit - Blow

Australian-born, New York City-based future pop artist and DJ Amrit Sidhu, better known mononymously as Amrit has today unleashed her new single called "Blow", which also serves as the second track following "Lies" to be lifted from her forthcoming debut EP, which was produced by sene (of denitia and sene) and is due out this spring.

Speaking on the EP, Amrit tells Noisey:

"The whole project has a Bollywood tinge on all the songs. I grew up watching and listening to Indian movies and music, and culturally that was the first artistic influence I was ever exposed to. It definitely transcends into who I am as a person, and my music.

That line - 'Often I'm guilty of things that fulfill me, but shouldn't be in me from jump
' - and the whole song is really about doing whatever you want and not giving a fuck. Maybe you shouldn't, but who cares, at the end of the day it's your life. It sounds cliché but, you should really do whatever makes you happy."

Listen to both "Blow" and "Lies" below.




http://www.heyitsamrit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment