Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom

After touring the globe over the past couple of years and following the success of her critically acclaimed second studio album SUCKER (which to date, has sold over 850,000 copies worldwide), 23-year-old pop phenomenon Charlotte Aitchison, aka Charli XCX has today announced details regarding her brand new 4-track Vroom Vroom EP, which will be released through her all-new record label Vroom Vroom Recordings on Friday, February 26th.

This news marks yet another milestone in the starlet's budding music career and to celebrate the new venture, Charli XCX has unveiled the EP's title track, which was produced SOPHIE, as well as shared two of her favorite tracks of the moment: "Beating Myself Up" from London-born, one-woman powerhouse and multi-instrumentalist Holly Hardy, aka CuckooLander, and "Friend Lover" from London-based duo RIVRS (Charlotte Mallory and Fin Munro) - both of which will also be released on February 26th via Vroom Vroom Recordings.

Speaking on the label and her new EP, Charli XCX explains:

"Vroom Vroom Recordings is my new, experimental pop label and it will combine my love for bubblegum pop with mystery and darkness. The artists coming up through it will be sharp, potent, deadly, and ultimately, will leave their mark on pop music. RIVRS and CuckooLander are two artists who have so much intelligence, pop sensibility and potential - they know what they want and both have great vision. That inspires me and it's why I want to work with them. I've always been fascinated by shy and introvert people - it's something that I am mostly not - and I feel both acts are in ways. It captivates me and sucks me in, and I think their music will do the same for others. I've worked with SOPHIE on the new EP and what we create together speaks for itself. Sometimes we get aggressive, sometimes we get beautiful; he pushes me and I push him. I'm making beautiful party songs right now and this is just the start. The album goes to other places and I can't wait forpeople to hear it. I feel the most creative I have in a long time and I couldn't be more excited for the next chapter."

Listen to "Vroom Vroom" along with "Beating Myself Up" and "Friend Lover" below.






Vroom Vroom EP Tracklist:
1. Vroom Vroom
2. Paradise (feat. Hannah Diamond)
3. Trophy
4. Secret (Shh)

Premiere via The Fader.

https://www.facebook.com/charlixcxmusic

1 comment: