Friday, March 11, 2016

KIll J - Coda

Following the success of her previous single, "Trickle Trickle", Danish experimental pop artist Julie Aagaard, aka KIll J has today released her debut EP, Quasi via Copenhagen-based label No3. The six-song collection features the Radio 1 and 1Xtra-approved "You're Good But I'm Better" alongside the aforementioned "Trickle Trickle", also included are new tracks "Mama Taught Me Well", "Back Home" and brand new single "Coda", all of which showcase what KIll J does best; blending quivering vocals with rippling beats that ebb and flow to create sharply sweet pieces of experimental pop.

Of the EP's title, Kill J says: "It's a very personal thing. I'm conflicted. I'm a pop artist - but I don't quite fit into that box... then I realize that I don’t have to be fully something. I'm quasi. Half graceful goddess, half reptile". This is a notion that is tangible in her songs, where she laces her delicate, ethereal voice through thunderous beats and melancholic lyrics; such as on her new single "Coda": "a song about taking power back. I chose the title because it is a musical term which describes a passage that brings the piece to the end - an after play or finale. You always know what you should have said after it's over and too late – ‘Coda’ is my way of getting the last word."

A former ‘Band of the Week’ on The Guardian, KIll J has already gained a legion of fans including Pigeons and Planes, SPIN, Idolator, The Line Of Best Fit and The Fader, whilst receiving airplay from the likes of Huw Stephens and Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1, Jamz Supernova on 1Xtra and even a spin on Beats1.

Listen to "Coda" along with "Back Home", below.




Purchase a copy of KIll J's Quasi EP here.

https://www.facebook.com/killjkill

No comments:

Post a Comment