Monday, March 21, 2016

Lupa J - Numb

18-year-old Sydney-based classically trained violinist turned electronic music artist and producer Imogen Jones, aka Lupa J is back today with her new single called "Numb", which also serves as the first single to be lifted from her forthcoming EP, My Right Name.

Speaking on the track, Lupa J explains:

"'Numb' was the second song I ever recorded. I wrote it when I was 15, and it was the first song I wrote with really electronic-based production in mind. I still have all these excited notes I wrote to myself from when I first started making it that say, 'make techno style, kinda like Grimes!!!' It's since been through a lot of versions though; I sped it up, did an orchestral version for a school assessment, added in a key change, improved all the production — the only thing that has stayed exactly the same is the lyrics."

Listen to "Numb" below.



Lupa J is also getting ready to hit the road in support of singer/songwriter Sarah Blasko on her Eternal Return Australian Tour. For dates click here.

"Numb" is available now on Bandcamp.

Premiere via The Music.

https://www.facebook.com/lupajmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment