Monday, March 14, 2016

Olivia Sebastianelli - Lighting Fires

Promising Brighton-based newcomer Olivia Sebastianelli, who The Guardian described as "the missing link between Stevie Nicks and Dave Grohl" has just unveiled her debut single called "Lighting Fires". An astounding entrance, the single starts subtly before soaring to a crashing crescendo, a song of striking immediacy that grows and shifts with each listen.

Speaking on the track, Olivia says:

"I gave everything to that song. By the time I’d finished recording it, I was exhausted! It’s a big track, vocally, but I wanted to make a statement with my first single, and I think I’ve done that with Lighting Fires. I like to call what I make lifestyle music. It's the sort of music you put on when you go for a long drive, music that quite literally takes you on a journey. We’re all continually evolving and I try to create moments in songs that reflect that.

This song is about letting go of all the bad stuff. All the hate, all the grudges, all the pain anyone has ever caused you. It's about personal growth and moving on but also meeting someone that enables you to that. Maybe that person is a lover or a friend or a member of your family. Whoever they may be it’s about allowing yourself to truly feel in order to be able to truly move on."

Her debut single as well as the accompanying video (to be released this spring) sets the tone for who Olivia is as an artist. With "Lighting Fires", Olivia Sebastianelli showcases her prodigious songwriting talents and musical dexterity to the full.

Listen to "Lighting Fires" below.



Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/OliviaSebastianelli

No comments:

Post a Comment