Saturday, April 2, 2016

vōx x Dylan Brady - i (Kendrick Lamar Cover)

Two undeniably gifted artists, Los Angeles' Sarah Winters, aka vōx (prounounced wokes) and St. Louis' Dylan Brady, who vōx previously collaborated with on her track "Your Vice", have just teamed up again to present us their rendition of Kendrick Lamar's "i", one of the many standout singles off his Grammy award-winning third album, To Pimp a Butterfly.

Speaking on the significance of the cover, vōx says:

"I felt like I was never going to fit into this world when I was a kid. I was deeply sensitive and depressed, and I didn’t have anyone to share the art I was making within the small town I grew up in. To go from feeling unworthy to worthy, it’s a huge and very human accomplishment. That’s what creativity has done for me. That’s what this song means to me. It’s a power, and I take it back for myself."

Listen and download "i" along with "Your Vice" below.




Photo by Kayla Varley.
Premiere via Pigeons & Planes.

https://www.facebook.com/itsmevox

No comments:

Post a Comment