Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Maya Killtron - Never Dance Alone

Following the success of her previous releases "Falling Fast" and "Back For More", both of which were collaborations with New York City duo Love Taps, Toronto-based artist Maya Killtron has today unveiled her new single called "Never Dance Alone", a smooth and funky throwback to dances and neighborhood block parties where people just got down with it.

Speaking on the track, Maya says:

"'Never Dance Alone' is the record I’ve always wanted to make. I spent a lot of time writing music that was chasing trends but when I finally got in the studio with [producer] Miloš [Angelov] he reminded me how important it was to be myself. I finally figured out how to write without apology and to be proud and fearless of the music I hear in my head. That is what 'Never Dance Alone' is. I was able to touch every part of the process this time around, from charting out and arranging the horns and strings to singing every single background part and lead."

Listen to "Never Dance Alone" below and be sure to check out more great songs by Maya on her Soundcloud.



Premiere via Noisey.

https://www.facebook.com/mayalekilltron

1 comment: