Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Brandyn Burnette - State I'm In

Having already offered up extraordinary cuts such as "Karma", "Worship" and "Underneath" (a collaboration with Chicago-based production duo Win & Woo), 25-year-old Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brandyn Burnette returns today with the unveiling of his newest single called "State I'm In", an endearing and perfectly crafted soul-pop gem which also serves as the title track off his forthcoming sophomore EP, due out on June 24th via Home Planet Records.

Speaking on the track, Brandyn says:

"I went home over the holidays and found old lyrics I started writing around 2006. Surprisingly enough, it was titled the same exact way as a song I was working on at the time. In that moment, I picked up my first guitar that I ever owned and started playing. I stepped back into my younger self and remembered exactly how to sing what I had written 10 years ago. It was like the flow of the second verse and chorus were laying dormant in my soul until that very moment when I combined both my ideas from the past, with my ideas from the present."

Listen to "State I'm In" below.



Premiere via All Things Go.

https://www.facebook.com/BrandynBurnette

No comments:

Post a Comment