Monday, August 15, 2016

EZA - Alive

23-year-old Nashville-based electro-pop artist Ellery Bonham, aka EZA has just shared her new single called "Alive", which also serves as the second single following "Off The Record" to be lifted from her forthcoming sophomore EP, Dead Reckoning, due out on September 16th. The EP's title was inspired by EZA's favorite author, Brené Brown, who writes about a navigational technique called "dead reckoning" as a means of calculating where you've been in order to know where you are now.

Speaking on the release, EZA explains:

"I think each of these songs is indicative of how I got to be where I am in my personal life and in my career. This new record is a huge step in the right direction for me, and I'm really proud of how these tracks display that. It's a breath of fresh air compared to my usual dark and sensual music. "After you’ve written so many songs about love and heartache, you start to look elsewhere for ideas and material. That helped me tell better stories and expand what I wanted to say past 'I love you' or 'you broke my heart.' Keeping the mood lighter while staying authentic was a huge accomplishment for this album, and I can't wait to share it with the world.

Listen to "Alive" below.



"Alive" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via AllMusic.

https://www.facebook.com/ezamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment