Thursday, September 22, 2016

Rainsford - Too Close

Following the success of her debut single, "S.I.D." (Sunshine In December), released earlier this summer, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Rainey Qualley, aka Rainsford now returns today with her second offering entitled "Too Close", a breezy and 80s-influenced indie pop gem perfect for listening to when going on a late night drive or taking a walk alone while contemplating what the future has in store for you and your significant other.

Speaking on the track, Rainsford says:

"'Too Close' is a really personal song for me. I wrote it about being in an unhappy situation and I realizing over time I need to get as far away from it as possible. But I wanted to write it in a way that sounded like a break-up song so that people could relate more easily. Since the motivation for writing it came from a dark place, I wanted to juxtapose that sonically and create a song that feels really good. I've been looking forward to putting this song out for a while. It's very cathartic to share what (Producer/cowriter) Nick Dungo and I brought to life."

Listen to "Too Close" below.



Premiere via Earmilk.

https://www.facebook.com/raineyqualleymusic

No comments:

Post a Comment