Thursday, October 27, 2016

Harper - No Love In The Jungle

Following the release of her Skin EP released earlier this year via ICU Label, 24-year-old Bristol-born, London-based alt-pop songstress Harper returns today with her new single called "No Love In The Jungle", which once again showcases her sensual, R&B-tinged vocals against a driving electronic beat. The song was inspired by the daunting experience Harper endured after moving to a big city and being a small fish in a big pond.

Speaking on the track, Harper says:

"I moved to London when I was 18; straight out of a small town in Wales into a fast paced, never-sleeping concrete jungle. So many things were utterly bewildering to me. I felt that the city could be quite isolating and lonely, even though millions of people are packed into one place. I noticed how few people thank bus drivers when they get on and off; one time in Wales my bus driver went off route to drop me closer to my house! In this song I wanted to capture the ‘cutthroat, dog-eat-dog’ nature of London. I love it now, of course, but we could still all use a little bit more love in the city!"

Listen to "No Love In The Jungle" below.



"No Love In The Jungle" will be released on November 25th. Pre-order on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/HarperTheArtist

No comments:

Post a Comment