Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Ingrid Witt - Babies Gonna Cry

In recent years, Scandinavia has arguably been producing some of the best talent in terms of modern electro-pop and Stockholm-based singer/songwriter and producer Ingrid Witt is no exception. Having been hailed as "Sweden’s fresh new talent", Ingrid Witt is quickly making a name for herself as her rise to success has now officially begun with the release of her brand new single, "Babies Gonna Cry", a track which The Line Of Best Fit fittingly described as "channeling the frustration of womanhood in the twenty-first century into four minutes of anthemic and meticiulously-produced pop."

Speaking on the track, Witt explains:

"This song is my response to what I think is a very personal question, that a lot of people still seem to feel entitled to ask - When are you going to get married and get children? Why is this important to people? I'd rather, any time of the day, discuss music or film - or really anything that does not include boring practicalities connected with adulthood! I've been struggling with the idea of being an adult, and why a lot of people want to do the exact same things at the exact same time. That's just pure peer pressure to me. My biggest fear in life is to fall into that. This song is the product of the frustration I feel when I find myself surrounded by people whose highest ambition in life is to try to hide the backside of things. Like the fact that babies gonna cry. And it just wouldn’t be suitable to throw a glass of wine into someone’s face at a dinner party as a reply... or would it?"

Listen to "Babies Gonna Cry" below.



"Babies Gonna Cry" will be released on November 18th.

Follow Ingrid Witt on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment