Wednesday, January 18, 2017

COTE - Cruel

Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Taryn Randall, aka COTE first made her mark on the scene back in early August with her rather remarkable debut single, "London". Not too long after she released two equally impressive follow-up tracks, "Green Light" and "Golden Hour", all of which quickly took the blogopshere by storm. Today, COTE returns by unveiling what could easily be considered as her deepest and most heartfelt offering to date called "Cruel", which further showcases her emotive vocals and songwriting prowess whist also reaffirming what DrunkenWerewolf has already suggested, that COTE is indeed One To Watch in 2017.

Speaking on the track, COTE explains:

"'Cruel' focuses on the darker side of optimism and the consequences that follow. Loneliness had left me vulnerable and willing to ignore my gut instincts. Going against the warning of those closest to me, I had returned to a relationship that was never going to work, despite my best efforts to control it. It was a frustrating and hurtful time that in many ways, I was responsible for. I wrote 'Cruel' in the aftermath of these mistakes - choices that I still regret, but have been able to learn from. After all the back and forth, I was left disillusioned but ultimately felt angrier at myself than anyone else."

Listen to "Cruel" below.



Premiere via Noisey.

https://www.facebook.com/cotemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment