Monday, July 10, 2017

TUSKS - Dissolve

London-based artist and producer Emily Underhill, aka TUSKS has today unveiled new single called "Dissolve", which also serves as the title track off her forthcoming debut album, due out on October 13th via One Little Indian. "Dissolve" is a powerful after-midnight ballad that offers another tantalizing glimpse into the singularity of her artistry. It's a fine example from an album that brings details from Emily's memory onto record through a process which immerses the listener in a world of texture built into expansive soundscapes.

"I'm a very visual person, I love being outdoors and surrounded by nature," says Emily.
"I grew up by the sea and I've always tried to spend as much time outside and travel as much as possible - I think perhaps subconsciously that all influences how cinematic some of my music can be and why I love creating the artwork to go with it."

"I can have something going in in my life and listen to a song and totally relate that song to me - it's like that artist is sharing that experience with me and creating a soundtrack to my life. I take a lot of inspiration from more cinematic music in the creation and production of my music and maybe that's why that idea sits with me more - it creates a closer connection between the listener and the record."

Listen to "Dissolve" below.



Pre-order Dissolve here.

Premiere via DIY.

https://www.facebook.com/tusks

No comments:

Post a Comment