Friday, September 7, 2018

Linney - Gave It All

Los Angeles-based (via North Carolina) singer/songwriter Caitlin Linney, aka Linney has been unstoppable this year, having already released a string of stellar indie pop gems such as "Outta My Heart", "The Hurt" and "w/o". Her latest offering is called "Gave It All", a stripped down piano-led ballad inspired by the effects of social media. Written after deleting over 2,000 posts from her Instagram account because she hated feeling like she only existed in a digital space, Linney says, "I started realizing that by giving away so much I was actually stealing something sacred from myself." She goes on to explain, "I wanted to keep the production raw and intimate because it felt like the best way to keep myself vulnerable. Especially in a time where we all crave authenticity."

Listen to "Gave It All" below.




"Gave It All" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/linneyofficial

1 comment: