Friday, February 8, 2019

Linney - My Love

If multiple award-winning Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Caitlin Linney, aka Linney is not on your Artist To Watch list yet then something is seriously wrong. Last year she released more than her fair share of impeccable pop gems such as "Substance", "Gave It All", "The Hurt" and "Outta My Heart", just to name a few. Today, Linney picks up where she left off with the unveiling of her first offering of 2019 called "My Love." Co-written and produced with regular collaborator Jeff Schoeny, "My Love" is a bittersweet folk-infused pop ballad that further showcases Linney's songwriting prowess while her heartfelt vocals once again take center stage.

Speaking on the inspiration behind the track, Linney explains:

"My friend's mom and dad got divorced when she was 12. Even though they both were remarried, it's obvious that her father will always be in love with her mother, even if he'll never admit it. It's the look in his eyes when he sees her at family functions and when her name comes up in conversation. I wanted to write a song about that kind of forever love. The idea - that maybe you find 'the one,' but they're not actually the one you end up with."

Listen to "My Love" below




"My Love" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via I Heart Moosiq.

Follow Linney on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment