Friday, August 25, 2017

Ren Farren - Good Girl

Having previously collaborated with Goldroom on "Waiting To Ignite" and Wolfy on "Solid Gold", 23-year-old Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Ren Farren returns today with a new original single of her own called "Good Girl", which also serves as the first single from her upcoming EP of the same name, produced by Brian Robert Jones.

Speaking on the track, Ren Farren explains:

"This is a big song for me that came out of a rough year - a bad break up, a Trump presidency, etc, etc. I was grappling with my ideas of femininity and developing a kind of love/hate relationship with it. I was looking at the way it has shaped people's expectations of me, and the guilt I've felt when I've failed to meet those expectations, even knowing how irrelevant and unrealistic they can be. This song helped me move from confused to defiant to feeling powerful again. It's a song about flawed womanhood, but it's also a song about how it feels to be forced into a box you don't fit into - and realizing the problem is with the box, not with you. I'm hoping it can mean something to people who know that feeling. Boy, girl, or in between."

Listen to "Good Girl" below.



"Good Girl" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/renfarren

No comments:

Post a Comment