Tuesday, September 18, 2018

MUNYA - If I'm Gone Tomorrow (It's Because of Aliens)

Born in the small town of Saguenay in Quebec, singer/songwriter and producer Josie Boivin, aka MUNYA has today unveiled her ethereal indie-pop gem called "If I'm Gone Tomorrow (It's Because of Aliens)", which also serves as the second single following "Hotel Delmano" to be taken from her forthcoming sophomore EP titled Delmano. Named after Hotel Delmano in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, the EP will be released on October 5th via Fat Possum's House Arrest Distribution imprint, Luminelle Recordings. Although MUNYA typically writes and sings in her native French language, "If I'm Gone Tomorrow" marks her first release ever that is completely sung in English.

Speaking on the track, MUNYA explains:

"When I was a kid I really loved the movie Independence Day. One night, years later I was home alone and I kept hearing really weird loud noises, not like a truck driving by, but a truck crashing into a building over and over. It freaked me out so bad I called my boyfriend and told him that if I'm gone tomorrow it's because of aliens... he wouldn't stop laughing at me. I was so mad he wouldn't take me seriously I didn't sleep that night and instead I wrote this breakup song."

Listen to both "If I'm Gone Tomorrow (It's Because of Aliens)" and "Hotel Delmano" below.




Pre-order MUNYA's Delmano here.

Premiere via Nylon.

https://munya.space

No comments:

Post a Comment