Friday, October 12, 2018

Maddie Ross - Touch Hands, Touch Bodies (EP)

25-year-old Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Maddie Ross has today released her new EP titled Touch Hands, Touch Bodies via AWAL in partnership with independent label, Sentimental Records, which Ross co-founded and runs together with her girlfriend, songwriting collaborator and producer, Madison Scheckel, aka Wolfy. The 5-song collection includes Maddie Ross' previously released singles "Hometown", "Loners" and "You're Still My Sugar", the latter which rightfully earned the #9 spot on Billboard's The 25 Best Rock Songs of 2017. Ross was also been named by Billboard as "The Best DIY Rock Star You've Never Heard Of" - a statement we 100% agree with as its evident on her song "Physical", one of the new tracks off the EP that boast 3 full minutes of sheer indie rock bliss.

Maddie Ross has come into her own in this EP that touts love anthems, pride, and humor while staying consistent with her pop punk sound, much like that of Avril Lavigne, Sum 41, Hayley Williams, and Dookie-era Green Day.

Speaking on the EP, Maddie Ross explains:

"Four and a half years ago, I fell in love with my best friend. It was completely unexpected - especially because I had no idea that I was gay. It was simultaneously the most amazing and the scariest, darkest time in my life. This EP contains all of the happy memories that I never wrote about. I wanted to write sweet, fun, happy songs about having a crush on my best friend, daydreaming about getting her into my bed, sneaking off behind the bleachers, kissing in her attic, and how after all this time, everybody else is braindead and she's still my sugar."

Stream Maddie Ross' Touch Hands, Touch Bodies in full below.




Also, beginning October 16th, Maddie Ross will be embarking on a 22-city North American tour supporting KT Tunstall. Tour dates and more information can be found on www.MaddieRoss.com.

Touch Hands, Touch Bodies is available now on iTunes and Amazon.

Premiere via BlackBook Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment