Friday, November 2, 2018

Linney - Substance

Out of all the artists we feature on our blog on a daily basis, one that standouts in our Top 5 Must Artist-to-Watch list is Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Caitlin Linney, aka Linney. Having already released a plethora of indie-pop gems throughout the course of this year such as "Outta My Heart", "The Hurt", "w/o, and most recently "Gave It All", Linney now returns today with her stunning new single called "Substance." Co-written and produced by longtime collaborator Jeff Schoeny, "Substance" is an introspective pop masterpiece that further proves what an exceptional talent Linney truly is.

Speaking on the inspiration behind the track, Linney explains:

"Last year I had sinus surgery and after the procedure I woke up feeling like my body remembered something that my brain didn't. 'Substance' is about self-control and how your mind and body make decisions differently. I felt this separation for almost a year. When writing the song, I kept thinking about how the two would treat an addiction differently. And what if that addiction was actually a person, hence: 'I can't stop my body from wanting to remember you.' I think our bodies contain knowledge that our brains may not be aware of at the time. Like reflexes. We're designed to protect ourselves. Our instincts will jump into gear when we're engaging in something physically dangerous so why not emotionally dangerous as well?"

Listen to "Substance" below .



"Substance" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Earmilk.

Follow Linney on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Some significant Share Market Holiday include New Year's Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. In addition to these, each country has its own national holidays that may affect share trading. For example, Chinese New Year, Diwali, and Eid are important holidays that impact stock markets in China, India, and the Middle East, respectively.

    ReplyDelete