Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Noé - Pity Party

Raised between Hong Kong and Aix en Provence (France), Paris-born, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Noé gathers inspiration from a blend of Pop, R&B and indie-alternative sounds, tied together through painfully honest and heartfelt lyrics. Her new single "Pity Party"is the launch of a new direction for Noé as she's known for having previously collaborated with the likes of Mickey Valen on "Meet Me" and Lucian on "Fly By Night." Serving as the first single off her upcoming debut EP titled i by noé, due out later this Spring, "Pity Party" sees Noé reintroducing herself to the music world.

"I am super proud of the music I have coming out," says Noé. "I know people aren't gonna find it easy to define my sound, but I'm ok with that. I've struggled A LOT with who I am as an artist, resenting how 'Authenticity' became this big word I felt like I had to live up to. But I'm learning that my sound is whatever makes me feel, even if it doesn't fit in a box. Would that be drawing from a pop/R&B/rock/wtv artist inspiring me, or recording a song live because I wrote it crying on my couch and can't hear it any other way. Being in the moment is as true to myself as I can get."

Raw lyrical content and downtempo stylings make Noé one not to miss. When asked about the inspiration behind "Pity Party" Noé said, "I'm dramatic, have a tendency to dwell on my feelings and maybe feel a little too sorry for myself (sometimes). And as if I wasn't sensitive enough for two, I always date people just as deep in their feelings as me. I wanted 'Pity Party' to embody that. The lyrics are super honest, yet there's a certain self-deprecating humor to them and the 'epic-ness' of the song. I feel like that says a lot about me as a person."

Noé's attention to detail is captured by the single’s effortlessly cool music video that shines with her down-to-earth attitude and raw vulnerability, as well as a quirky style that’s easy to fall in love with. Speaking on the video, Noé explains:

"When 'Pity Party''s incredible music video director Marcella Cytrynowicz sent me her first treatment, I was immediately won over by her light-hearted vision. I felt like it was a much-needed contrast to the dramatic nature of the song, which added to the somewhat self-deprecating humor I wanted 'Pity Party' to embody. I'm also a sucker for pastel colors, film and destroying things, so she had me at 'baseball bat & pinata.'"

Watch the video for "Pity Party" below.




"Pity Party" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Photo Credit: Claire Cali
Premiere via Ones To Watch.

Follow Noé on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment