Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Kelsy Karter - What U

New Zealand-born, Los Angeles-based rock 'n' roll vixen Kelsy Karter returns today with yet another flawless offering called "What U". Showcasing Kelsy Karter's stadium ready vocals atop razor sharp guitar lines, " What U" sees Karter once again come for the throat as she strives to make 2019 her own. Kelsy Karter co-wrote "What U" alongside the same team behind her viral hit single, "Harry", which rocked the music world last month after Karter tweeted a picture of herself with a face tattoo of former One Direction singer Harry Styles. Anthony Rossomando and Tony Esterly served as collaborators on the record and have both been making waves recently, with Rossomando scooping up a Golden Globe, Grammy, and Oscar for his work on "Shallow" for the movie, A Star Is Born.

Speaking on the track, Kelsy says:

"I remember one day in the studio I was talking to Ant and Tony about how I've always been the girl in the boys club. Being told what to do and say and think and feel. But it's just not my style to sit back and let others dictate those things. After the Harry stunt, and all the hate that came my way, I wanted to release something that would show my fans that no matter what circumstances you're faced with, or trouble you find yourself in, you gotta do you and be the best version of yourself, no matter what. I’m not the girl that’s going to sit back and wait for things to happen. If I want something, I'm going to go after it. 'What U' represents the spirit of Kelsy Karter, and everyone else on our rocketship to Mars."

Listen to "What U" below.




"What U" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via PAPER Magazine.

Follow Kelsy Karter on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment