Friday, April 5, 2019

Baba - Hold On Tight

Dublin-based singer-songwriter Siobhan Lynch, aka Baba, has today released her first offering of 2019 called "Hold On Tight", the follow-up to last year's singles, "Land Of The Damned" and "I, Defy". "Hold On Tight" was written as an ode to those suffering from mental health issues, something Siobhan has experienced herself. Her hope with the track is to keep the mental health conversation open as well as trying to encourage people who may be suffering to also seek help.

"I have always suffered with my mental health since I've been a teenager" says Siobhan. "But in early 2018 after a very dark period where I suffered with debilitating anxiety and I wasn’t sure how I was going to make it through, I decided to get some help in the form of counselling. For so long I was afraid to talk to anyone about what was going on and I am now so proud to be able to write about it and be open especially in a modern world where so much of ourselves is online and we are expected to be shiny and happy"

"Hold On Tight" is Baba's first collaboration with producer Cormac Butler, who has previously worked with the likes of True Tides, All Tvvins, and Sean and Conor Price.

Listen to "Hold On Tight " below.



"Hold On Tight " is available now on iTunes.

Follow Baba on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment