Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rae Morris - Do You Even Know?



Following the release of her song, "Skin" earlier this year, emerging Blackpool-based singer/songwriter Rae Morris has just unveiled the music video for her new single, "Do You Even Know?" produced by Ariel Rechtshaid (Sky Ferreira, Haim and Charli XCX ) and the lead single taken from her long-awaited debut album scheduled for release later this year.

Regarding the single's video, Morris explains.
"I wanted people to be able to feel the discomfort and awkwardness of feeling misunderstood. I wanted people to see me as a mannequin shining on the outside but with the inside well hidden. The end of the video is my favourite part.

My figure, the static character, begins turning and spiralling out of control through a form of stop frame animation. At the end, the spiralling stops and I'm no longer in the chains of the statuesque stillness from before, but moving more freely and dancing. To me, that symbolises an acceptance and shy confidence knowing that it doesn't really matter if people know you or not...
"

"Do You Even Know?" is the title track taken from her forthcoming 4-track EP scheduled for release on May 6th via Atlantic Records. Pre-order on iTunes.


Download "Skin" for free here.

Premiere via The Guardian.

https://www.facebook.com/raemorrisblackpool

No comments:

Post a Comment