Wednesday, July 23, 2014

DWNTWN - Heroine

Los Angeles-based indie pop quartet DWNTWN, comprised of Jamie Leffler (vocals), Robert Cepeda (guitar, vocals), Chris Sanchez (keyboards, bass) and Dan Vanchieri (drums) have just unveiled the music video for their song "Heroine", taken from their recently released self-titled EP out now on Jullian Records and available on iTunes.

In regards to the song, DWNTWN's lead vocalist Jamie Leffler explains:

"I wrote "Heroine" about my dad who died of a heroin overdose when I was 14. He was the bassist for Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers so I grew up on the road with him, and it was really sad to watch someone be overcome by addiction. I was kind of scared to write about something so personal, but I'm happy that we made this song. It's really special to me, and I thank you all for listening. "



https://www.facebook.com/dwntwnmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment