Sunday, August 17, 2014

R.A.B.B.I.I. - Why Can't I Be You

Defined by their melding sharp synths with sweeping melodies and lyricism that speaks the customarily unspeakable, Stockholm-based duo R.A.B.B.I.I. ( which stands for Revolutions Are Best Before Initial Inception) have recently unveiled their incredible debut single entitled "Why Can't I Be You". Release date TBA.

Here's an interesting and touching background story from their bio.

Felix (one half of R.A.B.B.I.I.) grew up in the town of Lund in an environment rooted in academia while Jo (the other half) was raised in working class Eskilstuna largely removed from society with two deaf parents. While Felix's path led quite naturally to a career as a professional producer in Stockholm, Jo made a leap of faith at age 14 moving herself to Stockholm to attend prestigious music academy Rytmus (among other Swedish musicians Icona Pop, Erik Hassle, and Tove Lo) all in the face of the sad reality that her parents would never hear her sing - her deepest passion.



Premiere via Pigeons and Planes.

https://www.facebook.com/rabbiirevolt

No comments:

Post a Comment