Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tei Shi - No Angel (Beyoncé Cover)

Brooklyn-based artist Valerie Teicher, better known as Tei Shi, who released her critically acclaimed debut EP, Saudade last year has recently shared a undeniably breathtaking cover of Beyoncé's "No Angel" - a song off Beyoncé's 2013 self-titled studio album. The song was co-written by Caroline Polachek of Chairlift who, along with Beyoncé, Tel Shi is also huge fan of.

In a recent interview with Rookie Magazine Tei Shi explains, "I heard Beyoncé when it first came out, and that song just stood out to me. It seemed a bit different from what I was used to hearing from Beyoncé - it has an edgier, less-pretty vibe to it. So immediately I was like, 'I want to sing this and mess around with it.' I started putting it together with my band, and the live response was positive enough that I was motivated to do a recorded version."



Tei Shi is currently in the studio recording her next release, in the meantime you can download her cover of "No Angel" for free here.

https://www.facebook.com/teishimusic

No comments:

Post a Comment