Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gordi - Nothing's As It Seems

If I decide to do a list at the end of the year of my favorite 2014 singles, then 21-year-old Sydney-based indie-folk singer/songwriter Gordi's poignant new single "Nothing's As It Seems" is sure to be among the top 10. The press release for the single states that "Nothing's As It Seems" is effortlessly memorable, which is indeed true because the more I listen to it, the more I find myself falling in love with it. And although this song has a dark side, I can't help myself from being carried away by the sheer beauty of it, found in both the song's melody as well as in Gordi's singing voice.

Speaking on behalf of the single, Gordi says; "This song is about the struggle to move on from something or someone. When you first listen to it, it seems like a pretty upbeat track but the lyrics are a lot darker than the melody and reflect on those differences between the face we show others and what we're actually feeling inside. How we hope to get lost in the hurry of life rather than wait for a darker reality."

Watch the music video for "Nothing's As It Seems" below.



Gordi's second EP is slated for release in early 2015. In the meantime, "Nothing's As It Seems" along with her debut EP Away are both available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/music.Gordi

No comments:

Post a Comment