Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Kassandra - Lovefool

Having recently signed to Capitol Records Sweden, up-and-coming Stockholm-based singer/songwriter Kassandra Widmark, better known as simply Kassandra, who fist came to our attention earlier this year with her single, "Run", has just unleashed her rather impeccable renditions of fellow swedes, The Cardigans' 1996 mega-hit single, "Lovefool".

Speaking on the track, told Spinnup:

"I often sing karaoke with my friends and have always wanted to do a serious attempt on a cover. I love how music is so movable, open and adaptable to new landscapes and atmospheres. I felt that 'Lovefool' had fuel left to burn because unlike humans a song actually never dies. In my version the message has moved from an unrequited love story to another universal aspect; Today everyone in this western society convulsively strives to be loved, admired and accepted, all to justify our existence. It may be the case that I'm singing to my own ego and demons too."

Listen to "Lovefool" below and stay tuned for her more new music from Kassandra as she is currently preparing for the release of her upcoming debut album, which is due out next year.




"Lovefool" is available now on Google Play.

https://www.facebook.com/ifthisiskassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment