Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Mahalia - Borrowers

Introducing UK-based singer/songwriter Mahalia, who has just unveiled her new single along with accompanying music video for "Borrowers", which is lifted from her upcoming second EP, Never Change, due for release on December 11th via her own label, Mahalia Music.

Growing up surrounded by music, Mahalia was already playing open mic nights by the tender age of 12. By the time she was 13, the Birmingham native was being championed by none other than man-of-the-moment, Ed Sheeran. Over the past couple of years the singer has continued to build a reputation on the live circuit by stunning audiences at Latitude and Electric Picnic and providing perfect support to Emeli Sande, Ed Sheeran, Leon Bridges and more recently Kwabs and Lianne La Havas.

The EP's previous first offering, "Maisie", is a reflective letter to her younger self, gives early insight to Mahalia’s soulful and captivating music. Mahalia says, "When I was 14, I released my debut four-track EP, Headspace and I remember it being one of the most exciting things ever. I've been writing and working on a bunch of tunes and I can finally say that the “Never Change” EP is here. I'm so happy I can now share it with you and I hope you get a real sense of who I am and where I'm at!"

Recently heard on Rudimental's #1 album We The Generation as the guest vocalist and co-writer on the title track, including special performances with the Hackney collective on Jools Holland and at Lovebox festival this summer, Mahalia has also been busy developing her own sound. Working with top producers such as Supa Dups (Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Mary J Blige), Nineteen85 (Drake, Nicki Minaj) and Steve Fitzmaurice (Sam Smith, Aloe Blacc), as well as finding the time to study dance at college, 2016 is tipped to be Mahalia's year.

Watch the video for "Borrowers" below.





For more info. on Mahalia, please visit her website.
Also be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment