Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Chelsea Lankes - Home

Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Chelsea Lankes has had quite a whirlwind 2015, starting with two polished pop tunes, "Down For Whatever" and a cover of Mötley Crüe's "Too Young To Fall In Love". In addition, she also teamed up with Chance The Rapper to write "Love. Hate. Pain. Killer", a song for his VICE short film Mr. Happy, as well as being the featured vocalist on RAC's "Can't Forget You." With early radio support from KCRW, KXRN, and 98.7FM KYSR in Los Angeles, as well as a nod from Spotify in their New Music Playlist series, it's safe to say that Chelsea is having a good year.

Now as 2015 comes to a close Chelsea is being featured as a BCBG "GenGirl" as she gears up for her highly-anticipated EP, due for release in 2016 on B3SCI Records. ​In the meantime, Chelsea rounds out the year with a new track called "Home" today, which is the latest unshakeable pop gem from the Texas-bred songstress, whose not-so-shy alto floats effortlessly over a bed of twinkling electronics.

Speaking on the track, Chelsea says:

"'Home' is about that journey. [It's] probably the most honest song I’ve ever written. I've spent the last few years trying to figure out who I am and what I want. I've struggled, I've dealt with failure and comparison; I was trying to be someone I wasn't. I had to learn how to love myself before I could love anyone else. I think I had to be lost for a while in order to gain perspective, 'Home' is about taking the chance to experience life and push your boundaries, and an unconditional love that allows you to do that. In the end, that's what we are all searching for and if you can find that kind of love, it doesn't matter where you are or what you do — that's home."

Listen to "Home" along with "Can't Forget You" below.




Premiere via Nylon.

https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaLankesMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment