Monday, December 7, 2015

Stephen - Crossfire

23 year-old Los Angeles-based artist Stephen has been causing quite the stir for only a few releases to his name. The thoughtful producer/multi-instrumentalist/singer/songwriter's vulnerable yet empowering style has struck a nerve with the masses, garnering millions of plays across his two original tracks, "Remembering Myself" and "Fly Down", along with impressive looks from the likes of Noisey, Billboard and the New York Times. Stephen's latest offering from his forthcoming album, "Crossfire," carries a deeply personal message.

"There are people out there who are suffering and there's very little they can do about it. Sometimes I feel guilty when I’m happy because I know that these people are hurting. How can I be happy when I know that people are being forced to live in refugee camps and ghettos, while women are being sex trafficked and millions of innocent people are suffering?

So as I sit here and look at my life, I feel grateful, but I also feel confused. How can I enjoy these blessings when I know others can't?
"

A former student at the University of Miami’s prestigious Frost School of Music, Stephen released his first song, "Bullet Train" from his dorm room which went on to attract over 130 million collective streams and led Stephen to drop out and pursue music full time with creative collective, Halfway House. His journey to Los Angeles catalyzed an existential crisis not unlike those endured by many young adults and would craft the distinctly personal style he is known for today. Returning after a two-year hiatus, "Remembering Myself" and "Fly Down" have both been top 5 hits on Hype Machine, picking up 3 million and 2 million plays online respectively. Most recently, a re-imagining of Adele's latest single "Hello" roared to the top of the Spotify Viral Chart, a further example Stephen's rare brand of musicianship. With 2016 fast approaching, Stephen is standing out as someone to keep a keen eye on.

Listen to "Crossfire" below.



https://www.facebook.com/ithinkimcrashin

No comments:

Post a Comment