Monday, March 7, 2016

Barkley - Blame it on L.A.

After releasing her debut single "Faster" back in August, which quickly garnered her online praise from several of our favorite/fellow music blogs such as Free Bike Valet, It's All Indie and Pop On And On, among others, as well as chosen as the grand prize winner in the Pop category in the 2015 John Lennon Songwriting Contest, 21 year-old Los Angeles-via-Toronto indie pop songstress Susie Yankou, aka Barkley, who describes her sound as moody pop, returns today with her sophomore single called "Blame it on L.A.", produced by Matias Mora.

Speaking on the track, Barkley says:

"'Blame it on LA' is all about checking your vanity. I wrote it after I made an impulse purchase and then felt really gross about it afterwards (even though the jacket I bought is admittedly amazing). So the song is pretty introspective because I was just like 'who am I? Did this weird city change me?' I wrote it to kind of reset my priorities and remember where I came from, which I hope a lot of people can identify with."

Listen both "Blame it on L.A." and "Faster" below.




Premiere via Going Solo.

https://www.facebook.com/barkleymusic

No comments:

Post a Comment