Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wallace - Is It You?

Following on from last year's release of her previous single "Negroni Eyes" as well as recent collaborations with the likes of Housing Corp and Twig Pigeon, New Zealand-born, Sydney-based future-soul songstress Wallace Gollan, aka Wallace returns today with her delicate and sultry new single called "Is It You?", produced by dutch duo Kraak & Smaak.

Speaking on the track, Wallace says:

"I've always been a fan of words that are onomatopaeic and a couple of months back when a friend used the word 'vapid', it just stuck with me.

An image and story started to form in my mind of a girl who is insecure and builds a cookie cutter facade that hides whatever beauty and individuality is underneath. Someone who's afraid to really be themselves, as though they are scared they'll be perceived as unattractive or something. The thought that any girl might feel this way angers me.

Around the same time I was introduced to dutch producers Kraak & Smaak and we decided to write a song together. They sent me this killer mix, I wove my lyric into it and the result it 'Is It You'.
"

Listen to "Is It You?" below.



"Is It You?" is available now on Bandcamp.

Premiere via Sonofmarketing

https://www.facebook.com/wallacegollanmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment