Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Austin Millz (feat. Anishka) - Limelite

New York City-based DJ and producer Brenmar has just officially announced the launch his own imprint called High End Times, which is aimed at delivering cutting edge hip hop, R&B, and dance singles. The label's first release will be "Limelite" by Harlem-based artist Austin Millz, who has previously remixed "Don't Want It" from Brenmar's recently released Award Remixes EP, and who COMPLEX applauded for his "fusion of hip hop and electronic music." On "Limelite", Austin Millz has linked up with rising Los Angeles-based singer Anishka, who lays down her sultry vocals on top of Austin's genre-bending production.

Speaking on the track, Austin Millz says:

"I'm a genuine fan of house music and the culture of the 80s. I made this track as an ode but still wanted to keep things sounding fresh and new. I used to hear stories about the Limelight club in NYC from back in the day, so I wanted to revisit that feeling that I thought it would sound like. I met Anishka at a bar in the meatpacking district in NY. We immediately vibed on similar type of music, and I knew we could cook up something after our first convo. I sent her the track, gave her direction, and then after a couple weeks of going back and forth, we nailed the vision."

Listen to "Limelite" below.



"Limelite" will be released this Friday, July 22nd.

Premiere via The Fader.

https://www.facebook.com/itsaustinmillz

No comments:

Post a Comment